Porcelain Crowns in Laguna Hills
Durable, natural-looking crowns
A crown is an artificial cap for a tooth used to restore broken or decayed teeth. It is generally made of a durable material such as porcelain.
Dr. Conkle and Dr. Garcia have over twenty years of experience in placing crowns. They are known for their excellent craftsmanship and durable work. The doctors have an efficient crown procedure whereby patients can walk out of their first visit with temporaries and get their new crown within just two weeks during their second visit.
Our durable, high-quality Crowns
Patients have two options for crowns, all-porcelain or PFM (porcelain fused to metal, such as gold or semiprecious metals). The crowns are fabricated by an excellent lab that we’ve been using for 15 years.
Dr. Conkle and Dr. Garcia prefer to use crowns made out of a block of zirconia, a type of porcelain known to be the strongest ceramic material available. In your pre-treatment consultation, the doctor will discuss all your options with you, and they will help you pick the best material that will suit your needs.
The doctors’ crown procedure is fast, taking place over the course of two visits. In the first visit, the doctor will take impressions, prepare your teeth, and place your natural-looking temporary crown. In just two weeks, your final crown will return from the lab, and the doctor will place it comfortably and to your satisfaction.
Aesthetic and natural-looking
When placing a crown among your other natural teeth, our doctors want to make sure that the teeth are perfectly matched. They take photos and use shade matching guides to ensure this perfect match.
Using the photographs and shade and fitting instructions, our dental lab ensures the crown is made to look exactly like your surrounding natural teeth, with the same shape, shadings and translucencies.
Patients getting multiple crowns can choose the shape and shade they want, often to create a whole new aesthetic look for them.
Conditions Crowns are used for
A crown can help remedy many issues with a tooth. These are some common uses for crowns:
- A crown is used to repair a tooth that is damaged or decayed
- In root canal therapy, a crown is used to protect the tooth that has had a root canal, as the dead tooth is more susceptible to fracture after a root canal has been performed
- A crown is used as a top for dental implants in single-tooth replacements
- Crowns can be used for cosmetic purposes to improve a smile by correcting discoloration or misshapen teeth. Veneers are often used in this case, but when the tooth is rather damaged due to fracture or decay, the doctor may prefer to use a crown instead
- Crowns can be used for correcting a patient’s bite (how the teeth fit together)
Before & Afters
- Before & After – 2
- Before & After – 3
To make an appointment, call 949-393-5905 or click here to request an appointment online.